Wednesday, November 5, 2008

All Right...The other guy won.

O.K....So the other guy won. I'm disappointed, and not a little dispirited...BUT...As an old soldier who still considers himself under the oath taken so many years ago, I'll accept it, and defend it. I will support the President elect in all issues that do not offend my sensibilities too much, and try to give my best counsel in those issues I cannot agree with. Of course...my best counsel would never be heard by the President, but I will share them with those who would listen.

What I would like to see is a stop to the Palin bashing. She may not have had all facts and figures at her fingertips early in the campaign, but she is obviously a quick study. She has demonstrated herself to be a competent administrator who has the ability and character to overcome enormous odds and issues. "You Go Lady." I would probably support her in any endeavour she chose to pursue.

My heart is with Senator McCain, and I will continue to cheer his efforts...Now against odds even greater than before. I believe in America, I will stand with America, and as the words in that long ago oath state; I will defend the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

Whoever you pray to; Ask for guidance for the President, and may God Bless America.

1 comment:

Shawn McManus said...

I'm disappointed too. As long as Palin is viewed as a threat to the DemCong, they will continue to bash.

The one "good thing" I think that I as a conservative can take from this election is that John McCain and Hillary Clinton are forever gone from the Presidency.

Unfortunately, I tend to focus on ideas and policies instead of people. Those that I least liked about both are embodied in Obama.