Saturday, October 4, 2008

Whats up with the news media?

I'm pretty sure it's not my imagination, but has the news media been turned into a bias information center in every field? What demographic do they aim at?

Most of the media has said Joe Biden won the debate, but that wasn't my view. The only time he touched me was when he spoke of being a single father. Virtually every person I have spoken to (Even those poor confused Democrats) was of the opinion that Sarah Palin ( You Go Lady)won. I am a non-partisan, have even done commercial radio ads for Democrats, but I confess to being a conservative in my leanings. What demographic do they pull the polls from? I've never been asked for my opinion. I've seen so much that has taken me by suprise in the news...So slanted I often switch channels. Was the last real reporter Walter Cronkite. He was certainly a liberal, and almost assuredly a Democtrat, but you would never have known it by his reports.

The media has taken to reporting facts, but only those they gather from sources of their own choosing, and in areas of their own choosing. Other news is squashed, or just plain missing. The news channel I watch the most recently aired of video of children being led in song praise to Obama. It was appalling to me. To use children in this manner has always created disgust in me. No other news channel reported it, and it was mysteriously pulled from u-tube. You can find any questionable mistep by McCain/Palin, but nothing about Obama that may make you question his campaign. I suppose I am old fashioned, but I want fair reporting. How about a little of the good stuff we have accomplished in the middle east. There really is a great deal of that too. How about the earth's contributions to climate change...are people aware of the millions of tons of carbons put into the air by volcanoes? More than all of the industrialized nations put together. Senator Biden flatly stated that man was at fault for climate change, and we certainly have contributed greatly to it, but Mount Saint Helens put far more carbons into the air in moments that man has in years.

Lets get a little balance in the news people. Be fair. Every rocket that hits a group of people traveling at night in the Afgan desert is not really an innocent wedding party. Some reports would have you believe that every person killed by American forces is a young mother of three or an innocent barber that was wrongfully shot by overeager Americans.

Every shot fired by American troops is not aimed at an orphanage, and can we really believe the Taliban when they say none of their people were hurt, only innocent civilians.

I am so proud to be an American. For generations at least one member of my family has served in our nations armed forces. In 1945 my father serving as a U.S. Marine was killed on Iwo Jima. I never even got to meet him. Twenty five years later, I served in the Army as a helicopter pilot in Viet Nam. Twenty five years after that, my youngest son returned to Iwo Jima as a young marine ( The Warrior from the Sea) to take part of the fiftieth anniversary of the flag raising on Mount Suribachi.

May God Bless Each and Every One of You, and May God Bless America!

1 comment:

Shawn McManus said...

Semper Fi Old Warrior!

You are on my daily read list now. (Although I only post maybe once a week or so, I'll check yours daily.)