Sunday, October 5, 2008

Insults?

I have a little problem with the radical fundamentalist view of insults. It seems they feel they have the right and obligation to kill anyone they perceive has insulted them, or their perception of faith...Whats up with this train of thought? According to their own beliefs, we have the right to kill any of them that denigrate what we believe.

I have friends that are Islamic. One of them is the most gentle of men I have ever known. He was raised in Palestine, and has told me stories that shocked me. I have always stood by Israel's right to have their own state, and will stand by that belief till I die. Assuredly, brutality has occurred by both sides, but Israel has a greater stake..their very existence on earth. I have asked my gentle Palestinian friend, " All they want is the right to exist, why not allow them that, and share Jerusalem?" He literally stomped his foot, and said, "After all that has happened?" It would take a generation or more of living together in peace, with their children playing together to change that perception.

The thing that shocks my thinking more than anything is the intentional targeting of innocents. The United States, and it's allies do not target innocents. I was as affected by the slaughter of children in the Russian town of Belson (sp?), as I was by 9-11. Our radical terrorist enemies hide amongst innocents, and scream how horrible we are when we attack them. They hide in their most sacred sites, and mosques, and say how we violate their church when we root them out.
These people , to paraphrase a great writer, "Are the stench the clogs the nostrils of honest men." These people are the insults...The insults to all the people of the earth. They have no way to spread their perception of faith except at the point of a gun. They seek to keep their women as chattel and slaves, and they believe their brutality will keep them in power. People of the earth will always reject slavery, no matter how long it takes. I fear for the true Islamics, for their religion is in danger. I have read a fair portion of the Koran trying to understand, and these people are so are out from that its incredible. I would urge that all true Islamics resist these people, to rid the world of them, before the world decides that all Islamic faith must be eradicated and banned. The rest of the world will stand with you. Peace to the world should not just be a dream.

No comments: